JDS Painting, LLC is a fully licensed painting contractor, specializing in residential, commercial and industrial settings. JDS seeks painters with an accurate knowledge of materials, experience with tools to complete the job and a team focused work ethic. With multiple full-time employment & sub-contracting positions available, JDS provides immediate opportunities for year around work and career advancement.
- Must have a valid driver license and ownership of your vehicle.
- Knowledge of painting materials and how to select, mix and apply them.
- Knowledge of residential, commercial and/or construction painting techniques.
- (1) Year of experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of job site preparation, protecting floor and related surface areas, building scaffolding, etc.
- Preparing walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (caulk, putty, plaster).
- Selecting the right material and tools for the job.
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture.
- Prep and paint surfaces according to instructions.
- Follow work orders/blueprints to determine the kind material and application process needed to get the job done.
- Demonstrate safety awareness on all job sites.
SOUGHT AFTER SKILLS:
- Ability to cut in with precision, execute a straight line without tape.
- Knowledge of sprayers and management of high reach equipment.
- Prior jobs as foreman or with supervisory duties.